Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Daddy has a moment... finally!


So it was daddy (me) who first saw Caleb walking properly!

I was dealing with Kaitlyn, trying to calm her down from another of her 'over-hyped tanties', and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a toddler wander past pulling a 'buzzy-bee'. I took at least 2 seconds to register the fact that it was Caleb wandering past as though it was the most natural thing in the world for him to do that! Sheesh, I mean, he just stood up, grabbed the string to pull it with, and walked past me to the other side of the room and sat down. I kinda jumped when I realised! So a frantic call to Dee and broke the news of our son wandering around the house with his toys!

It took him about 4 hours to decide to walk. Wow. It was like someone switched on a light inside him and he just walked, just like that. He must've decided 'bugger this on my knees, they're getting sore, and I can't see much from down here'. So up he got!

1 day, that's all it took in the end, just 1 day. We've been waiting for the little sprog to walk for a month, and then just gets up and gets on with it! No warning, no 'baby steps' (pardon the pun!), just up, walk, and had this nonchalant look on his face!

Hilarious! God, I love my kids...!

No comments: