Saturday, June 24, 2006

Eurasia - Land Of Fusion

I'm starting a list of blogs for all the friends I know of Fusion Marriages and easy access for those that are thinking about fusion marriages.. (don't go there! hahaha just kidding..)

I think every blogger with a fusion marriage should have a blog about how people view them when they see them holding hands in public (see here).

Where we live, there is a Dock Yard, and a Power Plant that brings in Expats(Europeans), so they tend to have "company" since the wifey is not around. So I get looks, those bad ones, now that I've got lots of baby fat left over from my 2 Chiwis, and more when it's just the two of us. Least with the kids, they know that I'm not one of those "while in Malaysia" kinda girls! :) But in saying that, there are lots of Fusion couples that you see walking everywhere nowadays!

Just this coming weekend we are heading down to Johor Baru to another Fusion Wedding; some close friends of ours (that's what I would like to think we are anyway :p) Mez(Welsh) and Su(M'sia Indian) for a 3 day Wedding!
Just within our circle of friends there are:
1. Amy + Josh (M'sia Chinese + Dutch born in Kiwiland)= Christopher
2. Karen + Ian (Amy's sister + Kiwi) = Liam
3. Farah + Jeremy (Malay + American) = Azam + coming soon
4. Leen + Jordan (Malay + Canadian) = Coming soon (Macvay Junior)
5. Aida + Brad (Malay + American) = Lily + Coming soon
6. Mez + Su (Welsh + M'sian Indian)
7. Emi + Scot (Malay + English) = Daniel + Dylan
8. Aida + Frank (M'sia + Canadian) = Coming soon
9. Jin + Matt (M'sian + Scot)

These are the ones that pop into my mind at the moment, but there are still lots more that are still dating...

Anyway.. Enjoy the new list - eUrAsIa.. Land of Fusion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!, you have gone MIA for a while.

i could relate to all the bloody comments and stares too when we are back in Malaysia! Frank and I ended up making up this game of staring back to anyone who stares at us, cause they eventually turned away. Great work on the list!, now I know the other "hybrids" as well.